Graduate Assistant for Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Program at Douglass Residential College
This part-time in-person position (10 to 15 hours per week at $18/hour) will support the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Program at Douglass. The Douglass Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program furthers the College’s mission of fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at Douglass. Through a holistic approach that includes institutional-level initiatives, academic experiences, student leadership opportunities, and community-building strategies, the Program seeks to address inequities that exist for women at the University while sustaining critical conversations about meaningful and proactive inclusion. This person will assist the Director and the College committee which report directly to the Dean of Douglass College.
Location: Mostly in-person Douglass Campus in New Brunswick & some virtual zoom meetings
Term: Start date August 1st but flexible
Hours: 10 - 15 hours per week at $18/hr (must be available some Friday's 3pm-5pm for student workshops)
Application Deadline: May 15th 2022
Contact: Corina Hernandez Senior Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Programs email@example.com
Manage the undergraduate student ambassador program
- Assist in preparation of student applications for review and manage application process for DEI ambassador program
- Maintain a canvas platform for discussion posts
- Co-manage the ambassador training program on intergroup dialogue
- Work closely with student liaisons to the committee
Conduct critical research
- Best practices for DEI for students and staff
Provide administrative support
- Schedule & attend meetings, take minutes, maintain files
- Assist undergraduate programs with event planning
- Serve on the DEI college committee
- Communicate frequently with students
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field
- A current Rutgers University graduate student
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Working knowledge of best practices around DEI education
- Ability to work quickly and independently
- Previous experience with program coordination
- Ability to effectively communicate with students and professionals
- Candidates pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree in Women’s Studies, Labor and Employment Relations, College Student Affairs, Social Work, Higher Education Administration, or related are encouraged to apply
- Experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion related areas of interest
- Passionate about supporting a diverse group of students and fostering equity & inclusion on college campus
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
Residence Coordinator (Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center)
- Leadership potential as shown through past experiences.
- Strong interpersonal, critical-thinking and communications skills.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing and must not have any current judicial sanctions.
- Applicants cannot hold a full-time position elsewhere or full time internships.
- Preferably be at least a junior, senior or graduate student.
- Previous facility and supervisory experience preferred.
- Provide front desk coverage on a rotating schedule with (3) other RCs. Coverage is required 7 days per week.
- Required schedule o Monday-Friday 6:00p-11:00p + onsite overnight on call coverage after desk closes.
- 7:00a-8:30a the following day after a scheduled 6:00p-11:00p shift.
- Weekend Coverage: Saturday & Sunday 8:00a-4:00p and 4:00p-11:00p shifts
- Front desk duties include checking guests in and out, responding to guest inquiries or complaints, transacting purchases made in convenience store, tallying out daily transactions.
- Responding to emergency facility or guests situations.
- Assisting Conference Services when necessary, ie: set ups, food set ups, technical help.
- Resolving any guest or conference issues after supervisor staff has gone home.
- Private room in a shared apartment in the Newell apartments.
- 75 block meal plan per semester.
- As per Federal guidelines, RC remuneration is calculated into the financial aid package. If you receive financial aid, please contact a Financial Aid officer to learn of the effect of the RC position on your aid package
Interested candidates should forward their resume and upcoming academic schedule to Deana Pagnozzi at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always accepting applications.
Office Assistant (Office of Disability Services)
Some of the most commonly approved accommodations are those that relate to the way a student takes their exam. These accommodations may include, but are not limited to: a student being approved for additional time on their exam, taking their exam in a reduced distraction testing location, and/or the use of a scribe/reader during exams. To help facilitate these accommodations, our office hires Office Assistants/Accommodation Assistants to process these exams. These staff members support the coordination of exam arrangements which may include working with registered students, professors, staff, and proctors.
To qualify to become an Office Assistant/Accommodation Assistants you must:
- Be a currently enrolled student within the university
- Be a graduate student
- Be eligible to work in the United States
If you wish to sign-up to learn more about available Office Assistant /Accommodation Assistants positions please fill out the following form: https://rutgers.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bvVSIKxHqVaTf02 and send a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Last updated: 05/02/2022